A new slate, a fresh start

11:35 AM Mallikarjun 4 Comments

I feel like a new person altogether from what I was perhaps 4-5 months back. I was vain, naive, impulsive, careless, happy - go - lucky, the list is too long to end. But I have rediscovered myself. I have always seen life as an adventure and nothing sums it up better than the following quote from the book Into the Wild:

"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."

— Chris McCandless

I finally have a goal, have a plan, and that makes me feel strangely at peace, although the path that I have chosen is not the safest one nor the easiest. But then, I never was a conformist. Another quote from the book I am reading seems apt:

"Passion: That which I suffer, allow, endure, is done to me."

Cheers to a new beginning, to an ever changing life!

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Change is something which we fear the most and desire the most. Something which makes us v uncomfortable but can lead to unknown pleasures. Making it a way of life as you said is a risky path but an exciting one. A method to all the chaos is all we need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very point of chaos is that it is without method. A method to madness is another thing though.Leading a life where you are not sure of how you are going to live the next day is what I aspire for. At least I want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @chad - Thanks a lot man! Looked at your blog as well - the latest post was quite hilarious. Keep posting !

    ReplyDelete