Parting - Voices in my head

2:03 PM Mallikarjun 2 Comments


Voice 1: "Whatever path you take, you always have to walk it yourself, alone. You have companions walking it with you at different stages of life, you seek them, you stick to them, but after some time your paths veer away from each other. You are left with the pangs of separation, but then you dust off your feet, and blow away the stagnation by moving forward, towards where life leads you. Or else, you will be stuck in the past in the “could have beens”. For you have to choose the path to walk, always looking ahead. Sometimes you follow someone, sometimes there are others following you, but even then, you are one amongst many, you retain your individuality. If you allow yourself to be led all the time, you will be trudging along someone else’s course, not the one you desired. So make your own destiny, decide on the journey you want to undertake, and live it to the fullest."

Voice 2: "But still, when we really care for someone, and have to move away, we are overwhelmed with feelings of longing and loneliness. It is as if seeing each other has become a habit, and it’s hard to overcome it. The few friends I have, I know will always be there for me, wherever I am. Some I have taken for granted. With some I have fought, impulsively decided never to see them again. But then, I realize, as I get over my hurt and anger that our friendship is made of something which can’t be broken so easily. For what are we without these feelings that we have? Robots governed by logic, or animals driven by base desires? There are some people in our lives whom we considered our own, for them we are ready to do whatever it takes. These people and bonds that we share, the time that we have spent together, will always stay there. Only death shall us part."

You Might Also Like

2 comments: