Miss Poetry and the Prose - A post after an eternity

12:38 PM Mallikarjun 1 Comments


Hey Miss Poetry, this is Mr Prose
I have my eye on you since long
Yet you slip away, before I propose
You stand elusive, secluded
A mystery to most, and to those
Who yearn for you night and day
A beacon of light that just arose

Hello pretty poetry, I am the prose
You are esoteric and verbose
While I am down to earth
With sorrow, drama and some mirth
I like you as you are
Distant but seductive as a star
You are hard to reach, difficult to teach
Few can master you, in writing and in speech

Hello my poetry, I am your prose
We were made for each other I suppose
We complete one another
Like the beloved and the lover
For long, different paths we chose
Yet, without you I am morose
Come into my life lovely poetry
So that we join in symmetry
And for ever shall we be
The poetic prose
Or the prosaic poetry
Either way, we are close.

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. In the Beautiful
    Onkarnath

    Sometimes I see you in a crowded street
    where the buzz of life so thrives......
    Sometimes by the meadows still
    where quiet waters lie...............
    Sometimes I see you in a temple
    By the The evening's glow....
    I always see you in the Beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete